The Candidate

Sunday, October 19, 2008


Took a look at the candidate car today. An almost perfect specimen of a lightly modded 1991 BMW 318is.


Looks real good except for a minor cosmetic flaw:


I think that will buff right out.

The owner tried buffing it out with a sledge hammer and some huge pry bars. Didn't even budge. Not one bit. I guess something a little bit stronger/bigger/more aggressive might be required in order to persuade it. Like maybe pulling it out with a dump truck or something.

Right now it still rubs the tire and prevents it from rotating. Apperently that may be a problem for a race car though, but I'm not an expert. This is one of the drive wheels and I'm told a 318 doesn't have a whole lot of power to begin with. I guess it would be like having only 1/2 the horsepower now? Probably turns left real good though. Too bad we aren't running with NASCAR.

I think we should just sawsall the offending metal around the wheel that is preventing it from moving and be done with it. It doesn't need to be pretty; hell I'll settle for margionally functional.


BMW Damage Assesment Video
More pics here.


Hasn't been driven in a while so hopefully it still runs. It's been sitting outside in the feild behind the owner's warehouse for over a year now since the accident.

The good news is that the owner needs to get rid of the car, so we can't beat the price. As long as we get rid of it for him, he'll take what the salvage yard offered him, $150. Even if we can't use the body, it'll make a great parts/donor car. Has some nice parts too!. The owner bought the car off eBay with H&R coilovers, ST sway bars, poly bushings, and some other goodies! Hopefully the hardware is not too rusted on, in case we can't use the body.

9 comments:

plumbing said...

Duct tape has many uses. Because it is sticky, it can be use for heavy materials.

Malik.amir said...

This post is exceptionally written. I imagine the hard work you put into this, so congratulations. If you are looking for an exceptionally developed thesis aid, you should definitely get in touch with the experienced and qualified experts of the LiveWebTutors platform right away.apowermirror crack

sajju said...

You continue to exceed every expectation that we set. Great job.
ashampoo photo recovery crack
ashampoo uninstaller crack
ccleaner pro crack

The Best Sites said...

Thanks for the great message! I really enjoyed reading
you could be a good writer. Evil Alvzis notes blog and testament
will finally come back later. I want to support
keep writing well, have a nice weekend!
4k-video downloader crack
edius pro 8 crack
wondershare data recovery crack
prism video file converter crack

unknown said...

Create message. Keep posting this kind of information on your blog.
I am very impressed with your site.
Hi, you've done a great job. I will dig in and personally recommend it to my friends.
I am sure they will find this site useful.
wysiwyg web builder crack
dll files fixer crack serial key
eset smart security premium crack
adobe flash player uninstaller crack

Unknown said...

I like this article. I was searching over search engines and found your blog and it really helps thank you very much…
apowermanager crack is a full-featured mobile device manager on a PC, which can transfer and manage mobile data from a computer or vice versa. apowermanager crack or photos, videos, applications, contacts, messages, books, and other files can be imported between mobile phone and computer easily or exported. apowermanager crack tool is compatible with iOS and Android. apowermanager crack

crackhunterpro.com said...

You have a great site, but I wanted to know if you know.
Any community forum dedicated to these topics.
What was discussed in this article? I really want to be a part of it.
A society in which I can obtain information from others with knowledge and interest.
Let us know if you have any suggestions. I appreciate this!
adobe premiere elements crack
autocad crack
smartdraw crack
adobe premiere pro crack

Affu Jani said...

I like your all post. You have done really good work. Thank you for the information you provide, it helped me a lot. I hope to have many more entries or so from you.
Very interesting blog.
Virtual DJ Pro Infinity Crack
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Crack
Hot Door CADtools Crack
DocuFreezer Crack
BS.Player Pro Crack
NetSetMan Pro Crack

Ali Ahmad said...

I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provides new knowledge to me.
CCleaner Pro
DVDFab Enlarger AI
360 Total Security